Friday, May 27, 2011

Casting and raising funds

Oh the joys of casting and coming up with funding for a film at the same time!
This week I auditioned three people in person, and got video auditions from another three people who couldn't make it into Midland for auditions. It was an adventure auditioning people on Wednesday. I had originally planned on holding the auditions at Dow Gardens, and early in the day I was actually able to do that. But by mid-day I was contacting people letting them know that because of bad weather, we would be doing auditions in the Cup and Chaucer in the Grace A Dow Memorial Library (Midland, MI). I must say that there is some great talent out there that I have connected with, and I am sure that there is some great talent that is out there that I haven't had contact with and need to find.
Meanwhile I have been in contact with several companies/business' to get funding for this film so that it will be possible to house actors and crew from outside of the Midland/Bay City/Saginaw area, feed the cast and crew, and pay for the transportation of cast and crew to and from the set. If anyone would like to help out in any way with this film feel free to contact me at any time at homethemove@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment